8th Grade Promotion Requirements
ALL EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING WILSON MIDDLE SCHOOL AND SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT EXPECTATIONS:
EIGHTH GRADE PROMOTION CEREMONY PARTICIPATION:
· Academic GPA 2.0 for ALL subjects (Math, ELA,History, Science, P.E., Electives) A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0.
· Receives NO failing grades (F) in core subjects; Math, ELA, History and Science for final S2 grades.
· No Truancies
· Achieve an overall Citizenship GPA of 2.0 (Satisfactory or higher) Excellent = 4, Good = 3, Satisfactory = 2, NeedsImprovement = 1, Unsatisfactory = 0.
EIGHTH GRADE EVENTS PARTICIPATION:
· Achieve an overall Academic AND Citizenship GPA of 2.5 in ALL subjects (Math, ELA, History, Science P.E. and Electives) to qualify for Events.
· Return ALL school related materials on time: laptop, textbooks, library books, learning supplies (cameras, camcorders) provided by the school. Return all musical instruments in good condition.