Positive Actions for Wildcat Success (PAWS)
The Wildcat Way is...
Positive Actions for Wildcat Success
We develop the next generation of innovators, collaborative problem solvers and positive agents of change with a global worldview.
- BE PREPARED: Students are to arrive in class on time and be prepared to learn.
- SHOW RESPECT: Students must demonstrate respect for others, personal property, the school and themselves.
- SHOW EFFORT: Students are expected to give their best effort in all they do and make the most of their education.
- HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE: Students are expected to maintain a positive attitude and make a positive contribution to the school community.
- SAFETY FIRST: Students must always act in a way that ensures the safety of all community members.
Rewards for Good Behavior:
- Good citizenship marks on your report card
- Front of the line passes
- Positive notes and phone calls home
- Book lockers
- School dance privileges
- Field trip privileges
- Lunch with the principal
- Wildcat Card/ Weekly Raffle
Students who are following PAWS can be awarded a PAWS Card by any staff member. These cards can be turned in to the raffle box on the lunch court. Tickets will be drawn for prizes at lunch time.
- Wildcat of the Month
Each month 5 students will be chosen as "Wildcat of the Month." Students will be nominated for this award by the staff. The principal will choose from these nominations. The winners will be treated to lunch at a nearby restaurant with the principal.
Do Your Best:
School-wide Classroom Expectations
- Be prepared to learn when the bell rings
- Be respectful in your tone, voice and body language.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Respect your property and that of others.
- Work together, cooperate & always do your best
- Be responsible for your own success.
(may include but are not limited to):
· Wildcat Way Raffle Cards
· Verbal Praise
· Positive notes/phone calls home
· Good citizenship grades