Senior Celebration Information (Monday, June 8, 2020)
Hello seniors and parents,
We are down to the last hours before the online celebration and drive through clap it up! I need to share that some will be surprised when they are not able to pick up their diploma tomorrow because their student still is missing school items. We simply will not have time to deal with questions tomorrow once the drive through starts. Getting it corrected will have to be something that gets corrected in a few days.
In an effort to avoid any disappointment tomorrow, we are having our library clerk and finance clerk come in from 10 am to 12 pm to help assist any last minutes drop-offs and payments. What is missing and owed can be found on the main page of the school website. It is at the bottom called: LIBRARY: Know What You Owe.
I also need to share students who are renting a cap and gown that will not be participating in a summer graduation will need to turn in tomorrow their cap, gown and tassel. I know, the tassel too. The company will charge the school over ten dollars for each tassel not returned. Return of cap and gowns will be at the end of the drive through in the bus loading zone.
Students who purchased a cap and gown will get their diplomas tomorrow provided they have turned in all school items.
Again, we recommend all seniors participating in the drive through wear their cap and gown. All seniors should also bring their diploma cover as they may want to show it if pictures are taken by parents and guests in the car.
If you are arriving by vehicle:
· Each senior is allowed one vehicle ONLY for them and their family and friends.
· Enter at the traffic light and stay in the right-hand lane. Drive up the campus hugging the outside curb to the right all the way up past the cattle gate and to the right to eventually get to the tennis courts parking area.
· Cars will then make a left and stay alongside the sidewalk curb that runs next to the school gym and 400 and 600 buildings. The idea here is to maximize the number of cars in the lot in line while not having cars out on Genesee Ave.
If a senior is walking up with their family:
· Please enter via the cattle gate by the marquee.
· From there they will walk up to join the procession of cars that will start alongside the curb of sidewalk along the outside of the gym.
Below are the time frames for arriving at school on Tuesday, June 9th. Please know it is supposed to be hot tomorrow.
A-CAR 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
CAS-HAM 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
HAN-MC 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
ME-SAM 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
SAN-Z 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
We look forward to seeing our seniors and their families tomorrow: UC U-know!