School Closure Update #21 (Wednesday, May 13, 2020)
Good evening Centurions, this is a school closure update for UCHS.
We have been given guidelines for some of our students who need to return uniforms to the school. I am specifically talking about athletes, JROTC students, and Bio-Med students. These students were issued uniforms or equipment that we are now ready to collect. On Thursday, May 21st, we will collect items from these three student groups. Each of these students or families need to follow health guidelines for social distance rules and face coverings.
We are collecting items by grade level. We prefer to collect items according to corresponding grade levels, but if you can’t make this time slot but can for a different time, please do so. Please know we will have another make up day for those who can’t make it on the 21st.
· Grade 9- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
· Grade 10- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
· Grade 11- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
· Grade 12- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please follow the steps below for drop off:
· Place your student’s items in a bag labeled with their name and Student ID#
· If you have more than one item, place them in separate bags
· All parents and students should remain in their vehicle unless otherwise directed
· There will be three drop off points: Athletic Uniforms and equipment in front of the gym, Bio Med robes and scrubs outside of Ms. Aleksic’s room, and MJROTC uniforms will be dropped off outside of the MJROTC room.
· Please know we’ve been in contact with other schools to get updates on our caps and gowns and are told that they are to be shipped out May 24th. We hope to have them on campus a week after this. The last school work day for Seniors will be June 2nd. It will be after this point we ask seniors to turn in their books, pay fines, collect computers, if they checked one out, and pick up their cap and gown. Based on the guidelines sent to us from the district, there will be further instructions for 9th, 10th, and 11th graders later down the road for textbooks, computers, and getting things from the school.
We have heard there is a decision regarding graduation and await the official announcement from our Superintendent. Once this announcement is made, I will be following up with Seniors and their parents as to the next steps.
That’s it for now and please know we will keep everyone updated as we learn how we will move forward with end of the year events and getting ready for the start of next year.
Regards, Mr. O.