UCHS students can participate in a variety of sports. Students must be in attendance at least 4 periods on the day of a game in order to participate in the game. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A grade point average of 2.0 or higher during the academic term immediately preceding and during the season of the sport you participate in. Additionally, you must have passed at least four subjects.
- A satisfactory citizenship record with a 2.0 average or better.
- Residence with a legal guardian in the UCHS attendance area or enrolled in an authorized VEEP (Voluntary Ethnic Enrollment Program) or CHOICE Program.
- Abiding by the one-year transfer rules if you participated at ANY level in the past 12 months.
- Student Insurance. Interested parents and students may contact Student Insurance at 1-800-367-5830, or obtain applications online at www.studentinsuranceusa.com.
You must have the following completed prior to trying out for a sport
- You must have at least a 2.0 grade point average in academics and citizenship from your last grading period in order to be eligible to try-out.
- You must have medical insurance coverage. The district has medical coverage available to purchase. For more info, click on the 'Insurance for Student Athletes' link, found in the 'Athletics' section of the school website.
- You must have completed the UCHS Athletic Packet and submitted it to the Athletic Director PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF TRY-OUTS.
- You must have an Emergency Card on file with the coach of the sport for which you are trying-out.
- You must have the original or copy of your last report card or official progress report.
- All student athletes must have a current UCHS ID card.
- Athletic equipment may only be stored in the PE locker rooms.
- Students may not store any athletic equipment in classrooms, nor in the main office.