2019-2020 New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment for 19/20 has begun and will be ongoing while school is in session. We look forward to you joining our Torrey Pines Family.
The school office (and enrollment) is closed for the summer. We will re-open for enrollment on Tuesday, August 13th.
The school office will be open for enrollment 9-11:00am and 1-2:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Wednesday we accept morning enrollment only.
Enrollment is a three (3) step process.
Please read below for all the details and documents needed to enroll your student at Torrey Pines.
Please prepare for a speedy office visit by completing step #1 and gathering originals for step #2 documentation. You may also complete most of Step #3 prior to your visit as well.
Step #1 SDUSD NEW STUDENT 19/20 ENROLLMENT:
- If your student is NEW to San Diego Unified Schools - please complete this DISTRICT ONLINE ENROLLMENT.
- IF your student is currently enrolled (or was previously enrolled) in a SDUSD elementary or Pre-K program please complete this PDF Fillable Enrollment Form. (for directions on completing the form click here)
For Step #2 in the enrollment process and to receive an enrollment packet (Step #3) you will need to bring in current residence verification and accompanying documents even if you already have children enrolled at Torrey Pines.
PLEASE - ensure you live within the boundaries of TPES by checking the district School Finder.
Residency Verification consists of:
1) a current SDG&E bill (or connection verification from SDG&E website) PLUS
2) an original current signed lease, rental agreement (signed and including landlord contact information), or mortgage statement (property tax, or deed ok if no mortgage).
The office will make copies of these documents for your student's school file.
3) Verification of Residence (to be signed and included with verification documents)
Along with the residence verification please bring:
4) Enrollment Packet Front Page
5) Student's original birth certificate or passport
6) Immunization records (Immunization Requirements)
7) CAIR Form (online immunization registry permission)
8) Your picture ID (These will also be copied for your student's file)
Step #3 ENROLLMENT PACKET DOCUMENTS:
Documents to be completed for enrollment are listed below.
Please feel free to download and complete these forms prior to coming into the TPES Office - or we have packets available at the office if you prefer to hand write information.
New Student Questionnaire To help us get to know your child!
Educational Needs Questionnaire (if your student has or is in the process for an IEP or 504 please let us know and provide a copy if available)
Oral Health Assessment Form (must be completed by Dentist – due by May 31st of first school year)
Report of Medical Examination for School Entry (must be completed by Health Professional – due within 18 months before first grade or up to 90 days after starting first grade)
DISTRICT FORMS to be completed at school site:
SDUSD Health Information Exchange Consent Form (official cardstock document) example
Home Language Assessment Survey (official 3-part document) example
Please review our School/Family Handbook(will be updated during the summer for 19/20)
Volunteer Application Form (to be returned to school with proof of TB clearance IF you wish to volunteer at the school or for field trips during the 19/20 session)
In addition to the above documents, if your student is new to Torrey Pines in 1st - 5th please complete Request for Elementary School Records (US Schools only).
If you have questions please contact the office at 858-453-2323 x103 or by email.
At TPES before and after school care is provided by Dan McKinney (La Jolla) YMCA. Contact them directly for registration.
New Family Playdate - Sunday, August 25, 2019 join new and returning families for a fun morning gathering at Villa La Jolla Park
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT will be Friday, August 23. Times listed below:
New Family Information
Meet parent ambassadors, Meet Ms. Richard, Get to know basic information about TPES
Welcome to 2019-2020 School Year
Introduction of all staff, TPES: What's new this year, Foundation Welcome