Emergency Evacuation Procedures
Once an all-clear is given, and if there is a need to release students for the day, please know that school staff members will remain on duty until all students have been safely checked out by a parent, guardian, or release contact as designated on your student’s school emergency card. We will issue notification for student release by our voice messaging system with an automatic call at your designated number. If all parents/guardians arrive at our school at approximately the same time to pick up students, everyone’s understanding, cooperation and patience are essential to our plan.
Your walking to school to pick up your child would be best. Parking will be very limited. If you must drive, be prepared to park at least three blocks from the school. Do not plan to park in school parking areas as it may interfere with getting emergency fire, medical and/or police vehicles into school. Proceed immediately to our Student Reunification Area on the South side of the administration building.
For the safety of every child, we must document to whom each child is released. When you arrive at school, proceed to the Student Reunification Area, and plan to do the following:
1. Fill out Student Reunification Form
2. Be prepared to present a picture identification card. No exceptions a picture ID must be presented.
3. Information will be verified and the form will be returned to you. You will be directed to the reunion gate.
4. Proceed to the reunion gate (South side of the 600 bungalows) Hand form to school personnel
5. As soon as possible your student will be brought to the reunion gate. Your student will be asked to verify their identity with a school ID.
6. Once your student(s) are released to you will need to leave immediately.
It will take some time for the orderly dismissal of all our students, so please be patient and be prepared to wait. The less confusion, the quicker students will be reunited with parents/guardians.
REMINDER: Your child will be released only to those listed on the Emergency Card. It is therefore imperative that you keep information on your child’s Emergency Card up to date. Know also that for any reason your child is not picked up, he/she will be placed in an alternate place of safety.
These procedures should be shared with everyone you list on the Emergency Card so they are familiar with our plan and these concerns.