In order for us to provide a safe ride for you to and from school, we have set rules that need to be followed by everyone on the school bus. All students who ride on the bus to and from school or during a field trip must obey the rules and instructions given by the driver and/or school official. Student safety is the priority when riding on the bus. Bus riding is a privilege. Students should be at the bus ten minutes before your scheduled pick up time and board the bus in an orderly manner.
1. Students should wait for the bus at a safe place off the street.
2. Students must present their Transportation Z-Pass to the driver each time he/she rides the bus.
3. Students who do not present their Z-Pass will not be allowed to ride.
4. Once seated, students should face the front of the bus and listen for directions.
5. Students should not use their cell Phones, or any electronic device, at any time while on the bus.
6. Students should not bring food or drinks on the bus.
7. While the bus is in motion, students must remain seated at all times. Keep your voices low to minimize distractions.
8. Students should keep alert when exiting the bus and be aware of traffic.
9. Students should follow emergency drill procedures whenever necessary.
10. Only students with late activity passes may be permitted to ride on the 3:30 p.m. bus. The 5:15 pm bus is for students enrolled in athletics and Success School. Students who leave campus without administrative permission will not be permitted to ride the 3:30 or 5:15 p.m. bus.
11. STUDENTS WHO LEAVE CAMPUS (UNLESS PRIOR ADMINISTRATIVE APPROVAL WAS GIVEN) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE THE BUS HOME.
12. Students are responsible for their behavior and actions to and from school. School rules and expectations are enforced while riding the bus.
13. Failure to abide by any of these rules will result in disciplinary actions, including suspension from the bus.
14. Parents must provide transportation for students who are suspended from the bus.
15. Once students have arrived on campus, by bus or any other means, they may not leave campus without a blue slip.