Serra students can participate in a variety of sports. Students must be in attendance at least 4 periods on the day of a game in order to participate in the game. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A grade point average of 2.0 or higher during the academic term immediately preceding and during the season of the sport you participate in. Additionally, you must have passed at least four subjects.
- A satisfactory citizenship record with a 2.0 average or better.
- Residence with a legal guardian in the Serra attendance area or enrolled in an authorized VEEP (Voluntary Ethnic Enrollment Program) or CHOICE Program.
- Abiding by the one-year transfer rules if you participated at ANY level in the past 12 months.
- Athletic equipment may only be stored in locker rooms or the athletic storage facility.
- Students may not store any athletic equipment in classrooms.
- All student athletes must have a current Serra ID card and a current athletic sticker.
- You must have the following completed prior to trying out for a sport:
- You must have at least a 2.0 grade point average in academics and citizenship from your last grading period in order to be eligible to try-out.
- You must have medical insurance coverage. The school has medical coverage available to purchase. Please see the Financial Office.
- You must have completed: The Serra High School Athletic Packet. This packet includes: Physical Form from a medical doctor (chiropractic physicals are not allowed), Code of Ethics Form; Hazing Form; Drivers/Riders Form; Substance Abuse Form; Code of Conduct Forms, Eligibility Verification Form, Emergency Card. The student must have returned all of these to the Athletic Director at least ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF TRY-OUTS.
- You must have an Emergency Card on file with the coach of the sport for which you are trying-out.
- You must have the original or copy of your last report card or official progress report.