This Week at Scripps Ranch High School
Monday, January 8th - Friday, January 12th, 2018
Principal’s Message:Friday, January 5
Welcome back, Falcons! This issue of the Falcon Flash will be our final edition. In the future, student information and announcements will be broadcasted on the Falcon Five that is shown during CORE every Thursday. If you have an announcement that you would like to include in the Falcon Five broadcast, please email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents will continue to receive an email every Monday evening with important information for the week. Information for the parent emails will be compiled by the Admin team and will be shared with staff as well.
Health Office: The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year, but good health habits like covering your cough and washing your hands often can help stop the spread of germs and prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu. There also are flu antiviral drugs that can be used to treat and prevent flu.
1. Avoid close contact. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
2. Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
3. Cover your mouth and nose. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
4. Clean your hands. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Practice other good health habits.Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Revolution Prep will be offering full-lengthpractice ACT and SAT exams this winter:
WHEN: Saturday, February 3rd, 2018. TIME: 8:00am – 12:00pm. LOCATION: SRHS Campus - Library and RM 555
COST: $25 (All Proceeds go to SRHS Counseling)
Juniors, don’t miss a chance to take a practice exam before the official exams!Sophomores, don’t miss a chance to try a full-length exam and plan ahead for next year!
HOW TO REGISTER:ONLINE: Go to https://www.revolutionprep.com/partners/practice-exams/ Search for “Scripps Ranch High School.” Click Enroll.Or call or email Jean Stroud at 818-217-0951 at email@example.com
All Revolution Prep practice exams are followed by a score report review with Academic Advisor, Jean Stroud. During the session, she will walk you and your student through their score report to help you determine their strengths and weaknesses and develop a custom plan to help your student prepare for the official exam.
Attention Senior Families! Congratulate your senior and express your pride and love with an ad in the 2018 Scripps Ranch yearbook! We have extended the deadline to February 16th, 2018 and opened a new method for creating your ad! Create and pay for your ad online at: www.yearbookordercenter.com with the code: 8514. Email our yearbook teacher Anne Brady firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-2018 English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC): We are currently looking for parents of English Learners to join ELAC at Scripps Ranch High School. The primary purpose of ELAC is to advise the school principal and school staff regarding the instructional programs and support services for English Learners. ELAC is also responsible for advising the School Site Council (SSC) and reviewing the Site Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
The school is responsible for training and providing appropriate support to all ELAC members. By doing so, ELAC members will be well-informed and thus be able to communicate meaningful input and advice to the school about its efforts to educate English Learners. Parents who are interested in participating please contact Vice Principal Rodolfo Parra at email@example.com or at (858) 621-9020 ex1104.
Coaches Wanted: Scripps Ranch High School is looking for new Head Coaches in these spring sports:
1. Boys Volleyball
2. Swim & Dive
Please spread the word and help us find new coaches.
SENIORS! IMPORTANT! Letter of Recommendation and transcript requests:
Students should review the procedures and deadlines outlined in the college application guide they received in September. There is a copy of the guide on the Senior page under counseling on the SRHS website. If a student does not do the required steps to request these items, they risk not having transcripts and letters or recommendations sent to colleges or having them sent late.
*Remember: You must request letters of recommendation in person AND submit all paperwork at least 2 weeks in advance.
Peer Tutor Information: Peer tutoring is available Mondays-Thursdays after school from 2:15-3:15 PM in Room 410 for all students in need of academic help.