- Our Senior Presentation is scheduled for Friday, September 9, during English classes. Transcripts and the College Planning Guide will be distributed through English classes on the Wednesday and Thursday before the meeting. Both are important documents and need to be reviewed prior to the presentation on Friday. Make sure these documents are easily accessible over the next few months as both are necessary for the college application process.
- There will be a Senior Student/Parent College Presentation on September 29th at 4PM in the Theatre.
- College Application Guide - There is a link at the bottom of this page to view/download the College Application Guide that was recently given to all Seniors.
SENIORS - DEADLINES TO REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
Please pay close attention to the following deadlines as they pertain to college applications:
|APPLICATION DUE DATE|
DUE DATE TO REQUEST
|November 15th||November 1st|
|December 1st||November 10th|
|December 15th, January 1st, January 3rd, January 5th||December 1st|
|January 15th||January 3rd|
*For later applicaiton due dates, please makre sure to request items at least two weeks in advance.
Also, remember that these are deadlines but it is still recommended that you turn in items even earlier than these dates. Counselors DO NOT work during holiday breaks, so do not include any holidays when considering the two week deadline for making requests. (11/1/2016 - GUTERMAN)
Confused about the four-year college application process? See a step-by-step chart.
For information regarding GRAD NITE please visit http://www.srhsgradnite.org/
Recommendation Letter Request
- ***Please see attached document for detailed directions.***
- Request should be made at least 2 weeks prior to due date.
- Letters should not be requested for CSU or UC Schools
- Teacher and Counselor requests must be made in person prior to sending a Naviance request.
You should request a transcript for all schools requiring a Letter of Recommendation prior to submitting forms to the Registrar.
Bring the following items to the Registrar
- Hard copy of Resume (printed from Naviance).
- Hard copy of Senior Information Sheet (printed from Naviance). *Optional
- Hard copy of Parent Brag Sheet (printed from Naviance). *Optional
- Hard copy of the School Report or other required supplemental form(s).
- Complete student portion on form and sign waiver.
- Pre-addressed, stamped envelope only when a school indicates documents must be mailed,
Final Step... Request Letter of Recommendation on Naviance!
*Remember to ask in person as well!
IMPORTANT: You must complete the FERPA waiver on the Common Application website (if applying to a Common Application school) and turn in the Multipurpose Authorization Form to the registrar, in order for the school to have permission to send documents.
* Our two-week minimum requirement to write a Letter of Recommendation begins after all items are turned in and you have sent a Letter of Recommendation Request through Naviance.
- Unofficial Transcript: See the Registrar.
- Official Transcript: (Two-step process)
- All official transcripts must be ordered on Naviance. (First 3 transcripts are free; additional transcripts cost $3)
- Must also fill out paper request in the registrar's office.
- Detailed directions
- Transcript Request Form