District Home

Counseling FAQs

How do I contact the Counseling Office?

The Counseling Office is open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day school is in session. Contact the counseling secretary at  (858) 302-3400  xt 3054 for personal service. Counseling staff list»

How do I enroll a new student?

Enrollment is available via appointment only.  More enrollment information»

My student is having a conflict in class with another student or the teacher or is questioning his/her grade in class. What do I do?

It is best to contact the classroom teacher directly first. If this does not resolve the problem, contact your student’s counselor and conference can be arranged to explore the matter further.

If my student is ill, how do I get the missed homework?

When a student is absent from school and needs to obtain assignments, parents should first try to contact the classroom teacher directly. If this is unsuccessful, call  (858) 302-3400 xt 3054 for assistance.

How does a student contact his/her counselor?

Students can stop by the Counseling office before school, during lunch or after school to speak with their counselor. They may also complete a “request to see your counselor” form and they will be called in (usually within a day or two).

If I am behind in credits, how can I catch up?

Contact your counselor for suggestions, such as Extended Day make-up classes, Credit Recovery Lab, summer school sessions and HSDP classes.

How does a student get a copy of his/her transcript?

See the Transcripts page»

When are SAT and ACT tests given and how do I register?

Visit the PSAT•SAT•SAT page»