Greetings SDSCPA Students and Families:
I hope that your summer is full of joy, reflection, and relaxation. In order to allow for ample planning time, I wanted to share a few important dates for the 2018-2019 school year.
These dates are highly recommended for SDSCPA Students and their guardian(s) to attend. If students are not able to attend the office will be open from 8 AM to 3 PM and students may pick up their schedules AFTER their Orientation day posted below. If your student is no longer attending SDSCPA, please notify the school ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
During orientation students will:
- Take their yearbook and school photo id /photographs (dress accordingly). We will have a makeup picture day in September.
- Receive student schedules and pick up textbooks.
- Learn about College & Career Readiness (9-12)
- Learn about auditions into high school program (8th Graders)
- Communicate High Expectations for Parent Involvement
- Share Arts Department Commitment and Rehearsal Policies
- Review School Vision and Student Supports
- Complete Student Information Packets
- Share supports and Parent Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Majors or Grade Levels
|Friday, August 17th||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||Returning 11th and 12th Grade Families|
|Friday, August 17th||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||Returning 10th Grade Families|
|Monday, August 20th||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||6th Grade Students and All NEW to SCPA families with students in 7th and 8th grade|
|Monday, August 20th||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||All 9th and All NEW to SCPA Families with students in 10-12th Grade|
|Tuesday, August 21st||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||All returning 7th and 8th Grade Families|
EARLY RELEASE DAYS:
In order to support the professional learning of our staff and provide time for parent and teacher conferences, all students will need to leave campus by 12:30 PM on the dates listed below.
OPEN HOUSE & TITLE 1 PARENT MEETING:
We will host our San Diego SCPA Open House and Title 1 Parent Meeting on September 24, 2018. The Title 1 Parent Meeting will begin at 5:30 PM in the Florence Johnson Grand Theatre. Open House will begin at 6:00 PM.
Look forward to an incredible year of learning!