Welcome to Friends of SCPA!
All parents of students at SCPA are part of the SDSCPA family and a member of Friends of SCPA (FOSCPA). Friends of SCPA, a charitable nonprofit organization, is the "Foundation" that supports arts as well as academics for all students at this remarkable school.
Friends of SCPA provides hospitality, volunteer service, office support, organize events, support marketing and promotion initiatives, fundraise, grant write, publishes the school newsletter, reach out and seek partnerships in the greater San Diego area, connect alumni, and advocate for the school and the performing arts.
How do we do this? We rely on the adults of every family to get involved and play an active role in Friends of SCPA. Whether you volunteer from home or visit the school site, Friends of SCPA has opportunities for you to help. Where do you start?
1) Complete a FOSCPA Volunteer Application Form. If you are interested in a leadership role, complete a FOSCPA Board/Officer Nomination Form. Either can be returned to the school office for processing or sent electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted.
2) Attend the Parent Meet N' Greet scheduled for Tuesday, September 26 at 6:00 p.m. in the Ole Kittleson Theatre. It is an opportunity for you to meet other parents and learn more about Friends of SCPA.
3) Volunteer opportunities are posted through SignUpGenius. Parents RSVP to meetings managed through SignUpGenius too. The list is always being updated so bookmark the page an check it out frequently. It is easy and convenient to use too!
4) Stay connected! Subscribe and read the Friends Forum Newsletter and NewsFlashes. Check your spam folder to make sure you are receiving the publication distributed approximately every 3 weeks. This publication can be delivered directly to your email inbox, accessed on the school website including social media such as Facebook and Instagram. To learn more ways How You Can Stay Informed, click here.
5) Attend a Friends of SCPA meeting. A list of the meetings is located here.
Should you have a question or want to reach out, contact Friends of SCPA through the organization inbox email@example.com or contact the President directly listed below:
We look foward to meeting you and working with you soon!
FOSCPA MISSION STATEMENT
To identify, prioritize and fund SCPA student and faculty needs, unite and incorporate the community into the SCPA family, and advocate for the creative and performing arts.