|Please check here for the most up-to-date information about college news! |
- In the righthand column are a list of college visitations and salons at SCPA, as well as financial aid and college preparation workshops that you can attend.
- During college visitations, representatives meet with interested students in small groups to discuss topics as the academic programs, campus life, financial aid and admission procedures for their college. They are also available to answer students' questions.
- A college fair is a gathering of college representatives who are looking for the right students for their institutions. They are typically held at schools, conference centers, or local community centers, and the college may be local or from around the country. The representatives sit at booths or tables and hand out brochures and cards. They can tell you about everything from academics to campus life at their college, and they can also answer more-general questions about college.
In addition, we recommend that our students take advantage of our Cal-SOAP College Peer Advisor, Carolina who works with high school juniors and seniors in small groups and one-on-one to help them complete applications and provide financial aid advise. She is located in our counseling office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8am-1pm.
- Below is information on how to locate both regional and national scholarships that are being recommended by our very own counseling office.
Students and parents can access scholarship information a couple of ways: In the Scholarship binder located in the counseling office or through the student's Naviance account:
Log-in instructions for Naviance:
- Go to www.connection.naviance.com/scpa.
- Enter the username and password which can be obtained through the student’s counselor.
- Once logged-on, you will see a welcome page with 4 tabs.
- Click on the “Colleges” tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to “Scholarship and Money”
- Under “Scholarship List” you will find local scholarships.
- Under “National Scholarship Search” you will be able to search a national database of scholarships.
College Peer Advisor