We envision Sandburg as a school where....
- everyone is treated with respect
- students are nurtured in a warm, positive atmosphere
- all children have equal access to a quality education
- students receive a balanced education which focuses on their physical, emotional, social and academic needs
- all students are given opportunities to experience success
- self-esteem is fostered in all students
- the changing needs of students are met in a sensitive manner
- high expectations are held for all students
- all parents are an active part of the educational team
- students are motivated and excited about learning
- civic pride and loyalty are developed
The Sandburg staff firmly believes that all children can learn and show academic gains every year of instruction. All children benefit from a quality integrated learning experience. The amount of instructional time spent by students on their work and the extent of parent involvement can make a difference in achievement. School experiences and education do make a difference in the future lives of children. A high level of instructional quality can be maintained even in an environment of decreasing resources. Regular student attendance is vital if optimum achievement is to occur.
Positive Attitudes Will Succeed (P.A.W.S. Club). All students begin each school year as members of our P.A.W.S. Club. Citizenship dictates membership.