The staff at Rowan Elementary needs your help to make our school the best it can be! We would like to encourage you to GET INVOLVED!
Research shows that when parents are actively involved with their children's education, students' grades are higher, their self-esteem is greater, and they are more socially adjusted. In fact, the most accurate indicator of a student's academic success in school is not tied to family income or social status, but the extent to which a family:
- Creates a home environment that encourages learning.
- Sets high but realistic achievement and career expectations.
- Becomes involved in their child's education and in the community.
In addition to attending parent-teacher conferences and other special events, opportunities to get involved at your child’s school abound. A few examples include:
- Classroom read alouds
- Classroom assistance
- Non-classroom assistance (field trips, etc.)
- Organization involvement (PTA, School Site Council, ELAC, etc.)
- Before-and after-school programs (Garden Club, Yearbook Club, Robotics Club, Chess Club, etc)