Porter Dress Code
Clothing should be appropriate for learning and athleticactivities in the school environment. Wearing Porter logo t-shirts is encouraged.It’s a fast and simple way to show Porter pride!
· Hats,hoods, du-rags and bandanas are not to be worn on school campus. Hats maybe worn correctly in exceptional cases as defined by staff.
· Clothingshould not be too tight or too loose. Inappropriate attire includes, but is notlimited to
o Girls: midriff blouses, halter-tops,spaghetti straps. Shorts, skirts and dresses should fall below the fingertipswhen arms are at your side.
o Boys: If pants are too big and sag, a belt needs to be worn. Shirts should beof an appropriate size
· Shoesmust be suitable for physical activity. They need to be closed toed, correctlysized and appropriate for physical activity. Tennis shoes are considered safefootwear for school and are recommended for daily wear.
· Make-upis not appropriate for elementary school and is not to be brought to school.
· For safety reasons, earrings should be smaller than the size of a nickel.
· Clothing may not advertise or advocate the useof tobacco, alcohol, drugs or .involvement in gang activity. This also appliesto garments with writing or pictures that are obscene, suggestive, or depictviolence.
· Hairstyleand artificial coloring should not distract learning.
· Cellphone use during the day is not permitted. Cell phones may be stored in thestudent’s backpack in the off position. If a cell phone is found on, in use orrings during the day, it will be taken from the student and held for parentpick-up.