- If you skateboard, what are needs in the skateboaring community? What are problems skaters encounter? How can you work for a solution?
- If you noticed a lot of paper being wasted in classes what could you do about it? What could be a possible solution?
- If you are bothered by how much food is wasted at lunch, what can you do about it? How can you find a solution to the problem?
- If you like horses, what is a need in the horse community that you want to address? What can you do for abandoned horses?
- If you like surfing, can you create a new type of board for someone who doesn't have use of his/her legs? How can you keep toxic chemicals from boards out of our landfill?
- If you like music, how can you use your talents to help or entertain others?
- What organizations are working on issues that are important to you? How can you help the organization of your choice? What do they need?
NOTE: School reserves right to adjust dates as needed. Bold = Documents in Reference Guide
Understand types of service
Understand global context (issues)
____Academic Honesty Statement
____Statement of Intent
____ Teams - Sign-up
____ Statement of Intent
____ Organize data (process journal - Google doc, notebook, etc.)
____ Academic Honesty Form Check-in #1 reviewing Statement of Intent (Record summary of meeting in Academic Honesty document)
____ research: locate, synthesize and record relevant information from multiple sources
___Begin source list(bibliography, references, or cited sources)
ATL: Self-management & Thinking
___ Proposal for Action Plan (consult, modify, expand Statement of Intent)
___ Create your own project time-line, check-off lists
___ Assign roles/tasks
___ Continue investigating and researching, making changes as new information is discovered
November - December
___Document development of the project: evidence
___Academic Honesty Form Check-in #2
___Academic Honesty Form Check-in #3 - Action Completed
___Reflection / Presentation
___Preview Project Presentation / Exhibition Student Led Conferences
___Academic Honesty Form - Completed and signed
___Prepare Presentation Exhibition Preview for Advisory Class
___Make changes and finalize Exhibition and Presentation based on feedback
Presentation Exhibition at Open House
Community Project Presentations to Community,