November 5, 2018
IB Learner Profile Trait
Veterans Day (observed)
School Site Council @ 2:30
FOPBSS @ 6:00
End of 2nd Grading Period
Progress Reports distributed 12/7
- Spirit week was a resounding success, and this week we are back to uniforms. Solid white, khaki and navy blue. This includes cold weather apparel such as jackets and sweatshirts. We appreciate your support.
- Counseling Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday, November 7 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm and 5:00pm-7:00pm in the media center. These conferences are set up for our students who are struggling to meet academic standards. The school counselors have called parents to invite them to conferences. If you were not contacted, but have concerns, you can call or email your child’s teacher directly.
Questions or Concerns: If you have questions or concerns, please call the school or e-mail the administration: Principal Meng at email@example.com or Vice Principal Kupper at firstname.lastname@example.org. If issues are not resolved at the school, you can contact the Office of Quality Assurance at 619-725-7211.
- In an effort to minimize interruptions to instructional time and help our students become more independent learners; deliveries of non-academic, non-health related items will no longer be accepted at the front office for student distribution. This includes money, lunches, gifts, shoes, PE clothes, jackets, food delivery services, etc….In addition, phone messages and office phone usage will be limited to emergencies only. Messages to coordinate after-school plans or similar topics will not be delivered. Please take this as an opportunity to help develop alternate plans with your student so that they can take personal ownership of their school day.
- School safety: To keep the school safe, we ask for students, parents, and the community to report any concerns. Send an email to Mr. Kupper or Mrs. Meng anytime to report safety concerns. For issues that need immediate attention during school hours, you may call the front office at 858-273-9070. After hours, you can reach the San Diego Unified Police at 619-291-7678. On the weekends, call the San Diego Police department at 619-531-2000 and of course dial 911 in an emergency. We appreciate your support. Our school is safer when we all work together.
- Schoolwide Tutoring: There are opportunities for students to get help with homework from 2:30-3:30 after school! The schedule is:
- Math - Mondays - Mr. Ketchum - Room 217
- English - Tuesdays - Ms. Kerby - Room 117
- Social Studies & English - Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays - Ms. Duren - Room 123
- The PBMS apparel website is LIVE!!! We’re excited to promote PBMS pride and promote our school in the community. This is also an ASB FUNdraiser and a percentage of proceeds go back to ASB. Please spread the word! Here’s the link: https://initialimpression.orderpromos.com/PBMS
- School Choice: School choice applications are due on Tuesday, November 13. Students currently enrolled will continue in the Mission Bay cluster so there is typically no need to complete an application. More information can be found on the district website at https://www.sandiegounified.org/neighborhood-schools-and-enrollment-options
- School Tours are in full swing. Please invite your neighbors and friends to our monthly tour so that families can learn about our programs. The next one is Thursday, January 10 from 8:00am – 9:15am.
- Student Drop Off and Pick Up: Thank you parents for using patience when dropping of your children. There is improvement in the mornings, however, it could still get better. As our students say while in the lunch lines, “No cutting”. Wait in the line to and from the drop off zone. When cars “cut” in and out of the line, accidents can occur. It only takes a few extra minutes to demonstrate patience to our children who will be driving in a few years. At pick up, again, pull forward in the loading zone. If it takes a while for your child to get to the car, consider parking to the left when you enter the lot. You will be closer to the exit. The video can be found on the school website and in the email of this message. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZmUmKx4oI&t=42s