Ocean Beach Elementary offers a state preschool program for those families who meet the requirements. The program provides a no-cost part-day (3-hour) AM or PM and full day (full day offered at limited sites) comprehensive developmental program for 3 to 5 year-olds. Families must meet income eligibility requirements and are encouraged to take an active part in their child’s classroom. Provides meals to children, referrals to health and social services and staff development opportunities for employees.
Required Documents for Registration
- PK-12 Enrollment Form
- Certification of Parent Application
- Child’s Health Record
- Health Screenings Form
- CAIR form
- Immunization Record
- Proof of income (pay stubs must be current within 30 days of registration. At least two consecutive pay stubs for the most recent one month's pay, Leave Service Earnings, Notice of Action or statement from caseworker must be provided).
- Proof of residence (Acceptable documents: utility bills such as telephone, gas and electric, water, cable, correspondence from the Department of Social Services, or rental agreement.)
- Enrolling Child's Birth Certificate
- Sibling(s) birth certificate
Ms. Kathy Burchett our preschool teacher, has created a nurturing, standards based educational program, which provides a strong foundation for future learning.