The PTA at Ocean Beach Elementary is strong and vibrant. We are always looking for people who would like to get more involved and help out at the school. If you are interested in joining the PTA, come to our next meeting, or email email@example.com for more information.
PTA Programs and Events
- Back-To-School Picnic
- Fall Festival
- Family Science Night
- Jog-a-Thon fundraiser
- Spring Carnival
- Student art showcases
- Family dances
- Fourth grade promotion
- OBE school-wide art program
- Running Club
- Garden Club
We meet the second Tuesday of each month, at 5:30pm, in the auditorium. Free childcare is provided. We hope you can join us!
Stay in the Know
PTA Officers: 2018-2019 School Year
- President: Jessica Fernandez
- Executive Vice President: Ashley Lewis
- VP of Membership: Jennifer Rivera
- VP of Volunteers: Kristen Van Den Broek
- Treasurer: Andrew Woolley
- Secretary: Jennifer Rivera and Marissa Braun
- Parliamentarian: Anne Gurnee
- Expressive Kids: Christine Fallon
- Academic Achievers: Rebecca Martinez
- Community Builders: Paris Barrowclough and Andrea Vasquez Villalobos
- Healthy Choices: Jodi Cooper, Cindy Kimball, and Jody Madigan
- Expressive Kids: The leader for this committee handles all things art. OB Elementary has a strong arts program that relies on art related fundraisers such as the Spring Open House Carnival and Performance Nights. The committee leader is expected to be available for PTA board meetings to report on events and new ideas for this committee.
- Academic Achievers: The leader for this group is responsible for the organizing of all fundraisers and events related to academics, such as Family Science Night and Star Party. The committee leader is expected to be available for PTA board meetings to report on events and new ideas for this committee.
- Community Builders: This committee leader is responsible for creating and maintaining business relationships for donations within the OB community and heads up events like Fall Festival, Skate for the Kids Day and Holiday Float Decoration. Community Builders is also responsible for setting up family dining night locations for the 3rd Thursday of each school month. The committee leader is expected to be available for PTA board meetings to report on events and new ideas for this committee.
- Healthy Choices: Healthy Choices' big event is the annual Jog-a-Thon. This committee also represents our school garden and Running Club. They coordinate Friday Pops and Kona Ice on Fridays. The committee leader is expected to be available for PTA board meetings to report on events and new ideas for this committee.
PTA Position Descriptions
- President: The PTA President is the liaison between the parents, staff of our school and our community. You must be available for one board meeting per month, including announcing monthly PTA meetings via signs on gates and e-blast communications, communicating with other board members about agenda items, writing the agenda, making babysitting arrangements, providing food (usually pizza) for kids and running the meeting. You will need to be present at most if not all events sponsored by the PTA and oversee all fundraisers. Monitor the progress before and during the event or fundraiser to make sure everything is going smoothly.
- Executive Vice President: The EVP’s primary responsibility is to assist the President, be available for one board meeting per month and run meetings in the absence of the President. Manage the PTA calendar of events in coordination with the Principal and President. Assist with the email correspondence person for PTA communication to classroom parents. File permits for events.
- VP of Volunteers: The PTA Vice President of Volunteers needs to be available for all monthly board meetings. He/She will be responsible for collecting and coordinating volunteers for events.
- VP of Membership: The PTA Vice President of Membership needs to be available for all monthly board meetings. He/She will be responsible for setting up our yearly membership drive, keep track of all members, and print and hand out PTA membership cards. He/She shall assist with nomination forms and voting at the end of the school year.
- VP of Communications: The PTA Vice President of Communications needs to be available for all monthly board meetings. The officer shall also be the email correspondence person in charge of PTA communication to classroom parents.
- Secretary: The Secretary needs to be available for all monthly board meetings. It is the Secretary's duty to record the minutes of each board meeting.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer needs to be available for all monthly board meetings. The Treasurer is responsible for keeping permanent records that track gross income, receipts and disbursements of the association, including the number of members and dues collected. Chair the budget committee and prepare the budget for adoption by the PTA. Pay all bills as authorized by the executive board or the association. Be aware of deadlines (including postmark dates) for all financial transactions. Secure two authorized signatures on all checks. Deposit money immediately and give receipts. Prepare and present a Treasurer's Report at every association and executive board meeting. Maintain continuous and direct communication with the president regarding finances. Advise board members of the status of the treasury and their individual budgets.
- Parliamentarian: The Parliamentarian needs to be available for all monthly board meetings. Reviews and studies the bylaws annually and make sure PTA complies. Chair a committee to make any changes at the end of each school year.