Community Service Ideas @ Nye
Below are a few ideas for Nye students to practice in our community as well as ideas for the community to help our students:
- Practice social skills such as courteous greetings, accepting personal differences, and positive disagreement
- Assist others, and maintain a safe school environment
- Help promote an orderly and friendly atmosphere at Nye School
- Have kids practice reading a book, then read it to a younger child who needs help learning how to read
- A senior citizen who will benefit from companionship or a child in a special needs classroom at Nye who is learning to read.
- Make a book on tape for a primary class-or someone who does not leave their home
- Student can read a book that will teach them how to do something to help others and then do it!
- Read a newspaper to an elderly person who can no longer read the small print
To get involved, please contact Dr. Pamela Thompson, principal, at (619) 430-1200.