Our mission conveys our belief that students will articulate their critical and creative thinking fluidly, use computer/digital technology, and possess a sense of social consciousness and collective responsibility to self, community, and world. In addition to our mission we have developed guiding principles, which reflect the school community.
The principles below reflect the school community beliefs about the role of our school, the education it provides, and the impact we want this school community to have in our children’s lives. The principles guide what we do, why we do it, and how we do it. While many of these are fundamental to the way we operate, we remain open to amending them as we continue to grow.
- We can make a difference by being compassionate and kind.
- We can make a difference by setting a good example, modeling high expectations and holding each other accountable.
- We can make a difference by working together and treating each other as valued colleagues.
- Technology has great potential to enhance our students’ learning and to improve lives around the world.
- We promote taking risks, investing in yourself, and celebrating all successes
- We are a community/team, and everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued.
- We advocate for innovative instructional practices that are responsive to student needs.
- We believe in solving problems and implementing solutions.
- We advocate and teach character values and social responsibility.
- We hold high expectations for all.