Safety First for Children
Thank you for helping us keep our students safe by observing all of the traffic signs on Parkdale Avenue and by driving carefully during the busy morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times.
Please be sure to utilize the 3 minute passenger loading zone areas located on the north (by double gates) and south (in front of staff parking lot) sides of the front of the school:
1. Pull all the way to the front of the zone to enable the maximum amount of cars to enter the loading zone.
2. Quickly drop off or pick up your student at the curb.
3. Navigate safely back into traffic.
Please remember these traffic laws:
1. U-turns are unsafe and unlawful on Parkdale Ave.
2. Parking is not allowed in front of driveways including the large driveway at the front double gates.
3. Double parking is unsafe and illegal for loading/unloading people.
4. Speed limit in a school zone is 25 mph when children are present.
5. Use the crosswalk when walking across the street.
6. Use handicap spaces only if you have a visably displayed disabled card/plate on your vehicle.
7. The school bus zone are restricted for bus use only.
Suggestions to avoid traffic congestion:
1. Meet your student on a different street or corner a couple of blocks from the school.
2. Create a car pool.
3. Have your student walk or bike to school.
Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and orderly campus for your children.