Dear Correia Families,
Welcome to Correia Middle School! Our administration, teachers and staff are looking forward to working with you as we prepare all of our students for the global society they will lead. At Correia Middle we challenge each of our students to reach their full potential with our quality instructional program. We hope to continue the positive relationship we have established with our parents and the community. For our students' safety, always check in at the office anytime you visit Correia Middle. Correia Middle is closed for the summer and will reopen for registration August 16th. Please take a moment to read this letter for information about supports and resources to assist students and parents.
We are excited to begin the 2017-2018 school year! Use the links below to learn more!
- Office Hours- The office opens Wednesday, August 16th. Office hours are 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- New Student Enrollment - New student enrollments are accepted from 8:00 to 3:00 PM daily. Students coming from Dana Middle School do not need to re-enroll. Please call to make an appointment to register. Call (619) 222-0476 and ask for Mrs. McDonald.
- · Student Orientation- Student Orientation for students already in the Point Loma Clusterwill take place Friday, August 25th from 8 am -10 am. Students will pick up their student packets including their schedules and purchase PE clothes (optional). They will also be able to get information on programs we offer at Correia and take a self-guided tour. Student orientation for new incoming seventh and eighth grade students to the PL Cluster will take place Friday, August 26th from 10:00-11:00 a.m. in the Correia Auditorium. Students and parents can then take a self-guided tour of the campus.
- Staying In Touch / Viewing Student Information Online- Parents have the option to use PowerSchool, an online tool that allows parents to view student attendance, classes, assignments, etc...
- Receive The Blast! - Email is our primary method of communication. The Correia Administrative Team and the Correia Association President meet to create a weekly eblast that is informative, relevant, and time-sensitive. Sign up to receive weekly eBlasts today. Are you receiving eBlasts from your elementary school? If so, your account does not automatically rollover. Please follow this link to adjust your account today.
- Lunch Information - View lunch calendars and learn about payment methods for school lunch.
- Student Supply List- Looking for a suggested student supply list? Sign up for the eBlast to receive information from the Correia Association including a list of suggested student supplies.
- P.E. Uniforms - P.E. Uniforms, Correia Logo items, and locks may be purchased beginning Wednesday, August 16-August 25, from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m. in Correia's front office. Please be aware that on Orientation Day, there is a long wait to purchase PE clothes and items so you may want to purchase these items prior to the orientation day. P.E. shorts are $7, P.E. shirts are $7, Performance Wear $8.00...locks, sweatshirts and sweatpants are also available. Cash (small bills PLEASE!) or checks are accepted. No credit/debit cards. If you do not want to purchase clothing from Correia, students may bring a white T-shirt, navy blue shorts, and/or grey sweatshirt/sweatpants from home.