Our Campus and Facilities
Built in 1941, Carson is one of the few original two-story elementary schools in our district. We have many pieces of public art, including several murals by San Diego artists Tom Plonka, and Damon, two bas-relief panels created by Donal Hord, which are included on the San Diego Historical Society Register. Our students and staff feel proud of their school and contribute to its clean and attractive ambiance.
Along with 27 Classrooms, Carson has a Child Development Center, a Library/Media Center, a full-size Auditorium and Stage, and a beautiful, new Joint-Use Field, construction of which was partially funded by the San Diego Chargers Football Team.
Carson is one of the most beautiful elementary campuses around. Our classrooms and play areas are inviting and colorful, and enhanced by public art at every turn. Wayne SanFilippo, Terry Pradd and Doug Wokmunskie are the men behind the scenes maintaining Carson's facilities in excellent shape. They take great pride in their work, and we are fortunate to have such a well cared for, beautiful campus.
Providing safe and well-maintained schools is a top priority for the school district. To ensure that all classrooms and facilities are maintained in a manner that supports instruction, a scheduled maintenance program is administered by the district.
Improvements to Carson are underway with funding from Proposition S.