SSC (School Site Council)
SGT (School Governance Team)
We are looking for interested people to serve on the SSC and the SGT for the 2018-2019 school year. Because we are a small school we combine these two important groups and hold one meeting each month. Being an active member of the SSC/SGT will keep you informed on important school issues and allow you to have a voice about budgetary decisions.
What is the School Site Council?
Responsibilities of the SSC
- Establish the Council and Bylaws
- Review school and student performance data
- Establish/review school goals and select specific improvements
- Develop the site plan with input from other advisory groups
- Establish budgets associated with the plan
- Monitor progress of plan implementation
- Assess effectiveness of planned activities
- Evaluate implementation of plan and resulting student achievement
- Review/modify plan as needed
- Collaborate with other advisory groups
- Develop/oversee Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy
- Develop/oversee the Home/School Compact
- Recommend plan to Board of Education
Goals of the SSC/SGT
- Improving academic performance of all students
- Improving the psychosocial development of students
- Improving the social relationships among adult stakeholders.
- Improving curriculum and instruction
- Creating effective staff development and parent training.
- Creating effective public relations.
- Monitoring the Single Plan for Student Achievement.