Bird Rock Governance Team
The Governance Team (GT) is a shared decision making board, representing all stakeholders, and mandated at each school site by the San Diego Unified School Board. We meet once a month to discuss and make decisions about issues affecting our school and our children. Please refer to the By-laws regarding GT's "Scope of Interest." The team is comprised of five parent representatives, five teacher representatives, two classified staff, and the principal.
2017-2018 Governance Team Representatives
Principal Dr. Amanda Hale
Teacher at Large Ryan Weiss
TK/K/1 Lorene LaCava
2/3 Debbie Gawle
4/5 Ginny Gallagher LaRowe
SDEA Tara Barton
Classified Marlo Boyce
Bird Rock Foundation President Alex Yerbury
Bird Rock Foundation Representative Laurie Gunn
Parent-at-Large, Tricia Gallaghger-Geurtsen
Parent-at-Large Lisa Pulli
Parent-at-Large Patricia Thompson
Recording Secretary Lorene LaCava
1. All meetings are public and guests are welcome.
2. If you would like an item to be placed on the agenda, please contact your representative at least 2 weeks in advance of the next meeting.
3. The agenda is announced the week before the next meeting via the school's weekly eblast.
4. Meetings: Wednesdays, time TBD. Please check the school calendar, the school eblast, or with your representative to confirm.
5. Approved minutes from the previous month's meeting are posted in the glass case across from the front door of the School Office. Archived minutes are available in the School Office.