Research shows that when parents are actively involved with their children's education, students' grades are higher, their self-esteem is greater, and they are more socially adjusted. In fact, the most accurate indicator of a student's academic success in school is not tied to family income or social status, but the extent to which a family:
- Creates a home environment that encourages learning.
- Sets high but realistic achievement and career expectations.
- Becomes involved in their child's education and in the community.
In addition to attending parent-teacher conferences and other special events, opportunities to get involved at your child’s school abound. A few examples include:
- Classroom read alouds
- Classroom assistance
- Non-classroom assistance (field trips, media center, etc.)
- Organization involvement (PTA, foundation, School Site Council, etc.)
- Before-and after-school programshttp://tinyurl.com/bellmiddlegetinvolvedParent and Community members are needed and welcome to volunteer time, experience, and support to Bell Middle. Please visit the main office to pick up a “Volunteer Form” and go to the link below to express your areas interest and time.