- P.E. shirts, shorts, and sweatshirts are available to all students year round at Muirlands Middle School and ONLINE.
- Students/Parents should communicate with their P.E. coach for any specific uniform issues.
Uniforms are available for sale at the office window before school and during lunch.
Students will need the following items for participation in P.E.
- Gray P.E. t-shirt
- Blue P.E. shorts
- Athletic shoes (lace-ups required) and white socks
- Blue or gray Muirlands or plain sweatshirt and sweat pants are highly recommended for cold weather
- Students are issued a locker in the P.E. locker room for their P.E. items. Suggested items include extra shoes and socks, hair ties (for long hair), sunscreen and deodorant (no glass containers).
- Students are not permitted to share lockers, combinations, P.E. clothes, or other personal items.
- Cell phones are never permitted in the locker room. They will be confiscated and turned in to the front office. iPods, cameras, aerosol cans, food, and or gum are also not permitted.
NOTES EXCUSING PARTICIPATION:
Students who are ill but able to attend school may be excused from participation with a note from their parent or doctor. However, this does not excuse them from suiting up for class in their P.E. uniform and participating in appropriate activities. Parents may write a note for up to three days outlining their child’s limitations. A doctor’s note defining limitations is required for an injury/illness lasting more than three days. We encourage parents to use the forms provided by the physical education department located on your teacher’s webpage for everyone’s convenience and to create a clear understanding of the student’s needs. Forms can be found on all physical education teachers web pages.
- Students excused from activity may be required to complete an alternative assignment.
- Medications need to be taken to the nurse’s office along with a completed medical form. See office for forms.