First Day of School
Monday, August 27, 2018
- Students pick up class schedules in the courtyard beginning at 7:00 a.m. by grade level. There will be plenty of LINK Crew student ambassadors and staff to assist.
- Classes begin promptly at 7:30 a.m.
Safety Notice: Traffic will be very congested, especially on the first days of school. Please plan accordingly.
Slow down, be safe and courteous, watch for bikers and walkers, and obey all traffic laws!
- Muirlands staff, parents and student LINK Crew ambassadors will be in the front of the school and on campus to help direct new students. They will also be in the hallways during passing periods to provide assistance.
- Muirlands Foundation provides Student Planners for every student, which they will receive from their 1st period teachers on the first day of school. The Planner includes a map of the school and resources, including a calendar, to help students stay organized. Students are expected to have their Planner every day and to replace it if lost or damaged.
- A large manila envelope will be sent home the first week of school. It contains important paperwork that each family must fill out and return, so please be sure to check your child's backpack and read/follow directions carefully.
- Textbooks will be distributed through the Library during the first few weeks of school. Muirlands Foundation pays for additional classroom textbooks so students may keep a set at home and avoid lugging a heavy backpack each day. Muirlands is also the only middle school in the District to have student lockers (assigned through science classes).