|Lunch Time||After School|
|Circle of Friends||Robotics|
|Media Lunch Club|
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS
Circle of Friends is a club at Muirlands Middle School that focuses on creating an environment of inclusion, understanding and acceptance for all students on campus with and without developmental disabilities. Circle of Friends can be found at many middle and high school campuses around our area and even some elementary schools!
- Circle of Friends (COF) offers a chance for students with and without disabilities to eat together
- Students talk, share stories and jokes and laugh together
- Forming new friendships and helping students with disabilities develop friendships
What do we do?
- Students get together with peers with and without disabilities to play board games, word games or just talk and hang out
- Every month we have a special event-possible fundraiser, parties or goodies!
- COF is a great opportunity to build friendships between students with and without disabilities
- Gain great leadership experience for high school
- To learn and accept differences
- Come and have a fun place to eat lunch, play games and celebrate different holidays throughout the school year
- Once a month we will have a party, fundraiser event or activities with goodies!
How to join?
- Sign up in the front office or contact Ms. Miller email@example.com or Ms. Emison firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Keep a look out for posters or sign ups during lunch
- Join our first Circle of Friends lunch meeting then decide if you would like to sign up
The Coding Club will take place at lunch on Tuesdays in Room 304. The club is a great way to learn about programming with your friends. Its goal is to educate students in computer science, regardless of grade level or prior experience. The first meeting is on September 19.
Come in to Room 101 on Tuesdays during lunch. The first meeting was on September 12.
GSA, also known as the Gay-Straight Alliance or the Gender-Sexuality Alliance, is a club for students who identify as LGBTQIA+ and their friends and allies. We provide a space for everyone to feel welcome and free to be themselves. We are primarily a social club, but may expand to do social outreach with the greater GSA/LGBTQIA+ community. We discuss issues of the day as they pertain to all human rights. There are a rainbow of opportunities for all to get involved and all are welcome.
The International Club will take place at lunch on Wednesdays in Room 304. The International club will allow students to speak in a language other than English during lunch. The focus will be French speakers, but all are welcome. We will learn and share ideas of various cultures and backgrounds. The first meeting is on September 13.
Outside The Lens/LJ RADIO
Want to create your own videos and photos? Or your own website? Or start a blog? Come join Outside the Lens and work alongside media experts to create cool and creative videos, photos, websites, blogs, and more, using our green screen studio, cameras, and pro editing software!
Free Lunch Club: during lunch, Room 110, Tuesdays and Thursdays, open enrollment 6th-8th. Contact Muirlands@outsidethelens.org
Come to Room 106 on Wednesdays during lunch. The first meeting is on September 20.
Please check the Science Olympiad Website for more info- http://muirlandsso.wixsite.com/mmsso
The San Diego Regional Competition is SATURDAY, FEB. 10TH, 2018.
The Advanced Robotics Club provides students with previous First Lego League Robotics (FLL) knowledge with the opportunity to expand their skills further by experiencing an entire product development process and compete successfully in scheduled regional and national competitions. It meets Thursdays from 2:15 to 3:30 in Room 201.
The club meets weekly on Wednesdays from 2:15 to 3:30 in Room B1.
Come have fun learning new math tricks and sharpen your number sense with Math Counts, the Muirlands team that needs you to join us in victory when we compete against other area schools in the math competitions:
If you enjoy math and like to compete, this is a place where you can feel proud and enjoy making new friends!