You may bring a lunch to school or buy items from one of our multiple lunch options. There are multiple lunch lines outside of the Cafeteria. You must bring currency denominations of $5.00 or smaller for purchasing lunch items. Students cannot get change without purchase from either the Cafeteria or the Finance Office. You are expected to behave appropriately during lunch and are responsible for cleaning up after yourself. The boundaries of the lunch area are marked by yellow lines. Once in the lunch area, you may not go beyond those lines or back to your locker. Consequences for littering may be assigned.
Normally, the P.E. fields and equipment are available during lunch for supervised free-play. Food and backpacks may not be taken into the PE area. The Library is generally open for independent study as well during lunchtime.
Note: Information about Food & Nutrition Services Payment Options can be found on the district website: https://www.sandiegounified.org/food-nutrition-services
- Cash: If you send cash with your child, please place it in a sealed envelope and write your child's complete name, grade and classroom number on the envelope. Cash is deposited into your child’s account the same day it is received.
- Personal Check: If you send a check with your child, please place it in a sealed envelope and write your child's complete name, grade and classroom number on the envelope. Checks are deposited into your child’s account the same day it is received.
- Make the check payable to your school cafeteria. Example: "Morse Cafe Account."
- Use a check that is pre-printed with your mailing address.
- Write your home and work phone numbers on the top left-hand corner of the check.
- Write student’s full name and classroom in the corner or memo area of the check.
- Write the check amount clearly.
- Online: San Diego Unified uses a service called PayPAMS, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service allows you to make payments to your child's cafeteria account using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card. This service has additional features that allow you to receive e-mail reminders when your child’s account is getting low or to set up automated payments. You can register to utilize these other features on PayPAMS without making online payments. Deposits made on PayPAMS can take up to three (3) school days to process.
- Go to PayPAMS and click on the "Register Now" button on the home page.
- Select your state, then select your school district.
- Create a username, a password and enter your contact information.
- Add children to your account.
- Make payment or set up automatic payments based on low balance.