Morse High School will be starting this Saturday, October 14th, the Core Academy: Supporting Student Achievement Success (CASSAS) program, (formerly known as Saturday School). The schedule for Morse CASSAS will be the following:
8:00-9:50 a.m. – Instruction (Rotation 1)
9:55 –10:05 a.m. – Nutrition break
10:10-12:00 p.m. – Instruction (Rotation 2)
Please encourage your child to arrive before 8:00am and select the program they plan to attend. CASSAS is an additional instructional day offering academic support in various core subject areas to help students reach their academic goals. The Morse CASSAS program is designed based on the need of our school community and students registered to attend. CASSAS provides instruction for a minimum of four (4) hours and students should report to Morse by 7:50am to sign in and the last instructional round will end at 12pm.
As Per Education Code, Section 49550, a nutritious meal is provided by SDUSD’s Food Services Department Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 Schools: “A breakfast meal is available for all students attending CASSAS at no charge.” This meal will be offered to all participating students during the instructional Saturday.
• All Other Schools: “A breakfast meal is available for students attending CASSAS. If your child is approved to receive Free or Reduced Price Meals, the breakfast is available at no cost. If your child pays for meals, please make sure they have money in their cafeteria account to cover the cost of the breakfast of $1.00.”
CASSAS participation is made available to all students and students can make up full day absences or unexcused absences by attending.
Morse High School CASSAS will offer the following opportunities for students to attend this Saturday:
• Crafting with Mix/Media Art sponsored by Ms. Matthews
• Tutoring support sponsored by Ms. Thomas
• Health Career Workshops sponsored by African Coalition Workforce
• Dance Workout sponsored by Ms. Schott
Students will sign up for two of these offerings when they register. Please note the we encourage Morse students with absences and uncleared absences to attend but all Morse students are welcome at any CASSAS to take part in these educational, novel and enriching activities. GO TIGERS!!
Room locations will be identified when signing in on Saturday and restrooms in the main Tiger Quad area will be open for use during CASSAS.
If you have any additional questions regarding our Saturday program, please feel free to contact Vice Principal:
Tara McGuigan at 619 262-0763 x2877 or by email: email@example.com