Greetings Montgomery Families,
We believe all students must engage in meaningful learning experiences that support the development of his or her creative confidence. Although state testing is on the horizon, I want to acknowledge authentic student learning happening at Montgomery, which cannot be measured on a computerized test. Check out an example from our Fall Exhibition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUVI29MBUk&feature=youtu.be
Students will demonstrate their proficiency in Mathematics and English Languag Arts as they participate in state testing that will occur between April 29th – May 23rd. Students will test with his or her Mathematics and English Language Arts Teachers. Eighth graders will also take the new California Science Test. Any student who requires testing accommodations will receive them as outlined on his or her 504 Plan or IEP.
If you are interested in giving your child additional practice for the test, please see link below:
- Minimum Day – Dismissal at 1:27 p.m.
- Family Dinner Night from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in room 214
- PIQE 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. in room 110 and Staff Lounge
- April 27th – Linda Vista Multicultural Fair. We are looking for parent volunteers to help set up, work at and/or clean up after the fair. Please contact me at email@example.com if you are willing and interested to help.
- No School on May 24th and 27th (Memorial Day Weekend)
- June 5th - Exhibition of Student Learning will take place on from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Montgomery. Exhibitions take the place of traditional Spring Open House events and the focus will be on students sharing and reflection on their learning. This new date will take the place of May 15th, which was the originally scheduled date for Spring Exhibition.
- 8th Grade Promotion – June 11th at 9:00 a.m. in our school's auditorium
A message from PrimeTime: Are you looking for homework support, academic enrichment, extracurricular STEM activities or sports? Montgomery PrimeTime has space available and is taking applications for Spring 2019 and the 2019-2020 school year. Contact Jay Matlock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make it an amazing week!