Dear Montgomery Families,
The State Testing window will begin on April 29th and end on May 23rd. Over the course of the four weeks, students will be given approximately 8 hours to complete the English Language Arts portion of the test and approximately 8 hours to complete the Mathematics portion of the test. The test is untimed and more time will be given to individual students as needed. Students will test with their Mathematics and English Language Arts teachers. Eighth graders will also take a state test in Science during weeks 2 and 4 of the testing schedule. A detailed schedule will be posted to our school’s website this week. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about testing.
Parent Workshop Series - Parent Institute for Quality Education will host a nine-week program on parent engagement. Topics include:
- Supporting the Academic Achievement of Adolescents
- Connecting Academic Success and Positive Self-Esteem
- Overcoming Obstacles to Academic Success
- Motivating Teenagers to Read
- Resources to support the Middle School student
- Planning for the Future: College, how to read transcripts, Financial Aid
Please see PIQE Flier.docx if you are interested in participating in this workshop series.
Congratulations to our soccer team who defeated both Knox and Marston in Soccer and our basketball team who defeated Knox Middle School!
Tuesday, April 9th
- 8th graders will take their portrait photo for promotion through science class – DRESS TO IMPRESS
- Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) Meeting from 6:00 – 7:00 pm in room 110
Wednesday, April 10th
- Parent workshop (PIQE)
- Class in English at 6:00 pm
- Class in Spanish at 8:30 am and 6:00 pm
- Minimum Day – dismissal at 1:27 pm
Thursday, April 11th
· Western BBQ during both lunches
- April 27th – Linda Vista Multicultural Fair. We are looking for parent volunteers to help set up, work at and/or clean up after the fair. Please contact me at email@example.com if you are willing and interested to help.
- No School on May 24th and 27th (Memorial Day Weekend)
- June 5th - Exhibition of Student Learning will take place on from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Montgomery. Exhibitions take the place of traditional Spring Open House events and the focus will be on students sharing and reflection on their learning. This new date will take the place of May 15th, which was the originally scheduled date for Spring Exhibition.
- 8th Grade Promotion – June 11th at 9:00 a.m. in our school's auditorium
A message from PrimeTime: Are you looking for homework support, academic enrichment, extracurricular STEM activities or sports? Montgomery PrimeTime has space available and is taking applications for Spring 2019 and the 2019-2020 school year. Contact Jay Matlock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make it an amazing week!