Dear Montgomery Families,
Our teachers, support staff and I look forward to welcoming all students back from our Spring Break! April is here and we have ten more weeks of hard work before we are off for the Summer.
Student Led Conferences (SLCs) Thank you for taking the time to hear your child share and reflect on their learning in school. If you were unable to attend your child’s scheduled SLC, he or she is still expected to present to you at home. If you have any questions or concerns about a particular class, please contact the appropriate teacher directly.
Thrive School You may have heard that Thrive School was unsuccessful in renewing their charter and will close at the end of this school year. Please see attached Thrive Closure.jpg regarding an informational meeting we are hosting this Thursday. Please share this information with anyone you know impacted by the school closure.
Athletics Montgomery offers basketball, football and soccer to our students. If you are interested in having your child participate in one these sports, please contact Coach Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homework Club is held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:20 – 4:20 in room 110. Please contact Leslie Kehl at email@example.com or 858-397-6600 for any questions.
Wednesday, April 3rd
- Minimum Day, student dismissal at 1:27 p.m.
- Basketball and Soccer Game versus Knox Middle School at Lincoln High School from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 4th
- 6th Grade field trip to San Diego River and Mission de Alcala
- April 27th – Linda Vista Multicultural Fair. We are looking for parent volunteers to help set up, work at and/or clean up after the fair. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing and interested to help.
- June 5th - Exhibition of Student Learning will take place on from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Montgomery. Exhibitions take the place of traditional Spring Open House events and the focus will be on students sharing and reflection on their learning. This new date will take the place of May 15th, which was the originally scheduled date for Spring Exhibition.
- 8th Grade Promotion – June 11th at 9:00 a.m. in our school's auditorium
A message from PrimeTime: Are you looking for homework support, academic enrichment, extracurricular STEM activities or sports? Montgomery PrimeTime has space available and is taking applications for Spring 2019 and the 2019-2020 school year. Contact Jay Matlock at email@example.com
Make it a great week!