Dear Montgomery Families,
I hope everyone made a smooth transition back to Daylight Savings Time.
Have you confirmed your attendance to your son or daughter’s Student Led Conference? If not, please ask your child for the form that was sent home two week’s ago containing the details of your scheduled date and time. Please contact the appropriate grade level teacher below if you need more information:
This past Friday, 7th grade students in Mr. Prado’s Engineering Class exhibited prototypes for some very special clients. Students designed Therapeutic Toys for children with Cerebral Palsy. Our 7th graders engaged in the Design Thinking process by first developing empathy to understand their client’s needs, learned from Occupational Therapists to understand why students with Cerebral Palsy have occupational goals and designed therapeutic toys that help their client make progress towards their goals life skills and independence. The 7th graders were so proud of their innovations and spoke clearly and confidently about their prototypes. Please check out the photos on our Facebook page here.
- PTSA Meeting from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm in room 110. Please contact our President Sherrie Yee if you have any questions email@example.com
Homework Club is held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:20 – 4:20 in room 110. Please contact Leslie Kehl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-397-6600 for any questions.
- Spring Break – March 25th – March 29th
- April 27th – Linda Vista Multicultural Fair. We are looking for parent volunteers to help set up, work at and/or clean up after the fair. Please contact me at email@example.com if you are willing and interested to help.
- June 5th - Exhibition of Student Learning will take place on from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Montgomery. Exhibitions take the place of traditional Spring Open House events and the focus will be on students sharing and reflection on their learning. This new date will take the place of May 15th, which was the originally scheduled date for Spring Exhibition.
- 8th Grade Promotion – June 11th at 9:00 a.m.
A message from PrimeTime: Are you looking for homework support, academic enrichment, extracurricular STEM activities or sports? Montgomery PrimeTime has space available and is taking applications for Spring 2019 and the 2019-2020 school year. Come learn more about before and after school opportunities for students at our PrimeTime Spring Informational, Wednesday February 27, 5:30 PM in room 308.
Make it a great week!