Dear Montgomery Families,
Please mark your calendar for some important upcoming events:
- February 21st – Awards Assemblies* held in the auditorium at the following times:
- 6th Grade – 9:25 a.m.
- 7th Grade – 10:25 a.m.
- 8th Grade – 8:15 a.m.
*Families of students who have earned a GPA of 3.0 or above will receive an invitation in the mail this week.
- Student Led Conferences will take place on March 20th and 21st. Students will be dismissed from school at 1:27 p.m. on both of those days and conferences will be held between 1:45 – 3:15. Students and their parent(s) or guardian(s) will return to school for their scheduled conference. Scheduled appointments for individual students will be mailed home later this week.
- Exhibition of Student Learning will take place on June 5th from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Montgomery. Exhibitions take the place of traditional Spring Open House events and the focus will be on students sharing and reflection on their learning. This new date will take the place of May 15th, which was the originally scheduled date for Spring Exhibition.
- 8th Grade Promotion – June 11th at 9:00 a.m.
Congratulations to Owen, Jordan, Meive and Anthony winners of the Linda Vista Banner Design contest. A ceremony will take place on March 1st at 10:00 a.m. to celebrate the unveiling of these student-designed banners along Linda Vista Road and Ulric Street at John Baca Park in Linda Vista.
Have you been impacted by the unaffordability of high-quality child care? If so, please consider attending Parent Voices, a parent-led organization working together to address this issue. Please click the following links to see fliers with more details Parent Voices (Montgomery).pdf and Parent Voices (Montgomery)SP.pdf .
A message from PrimeTime: Are you looking for homework support, academic enrichment, extracurricular STEM activities or sports? Montgomery PrimeTime has space available and is taking applications for Spring 2019 and the 2019-2020 school year. Come learn more about before and after school opportunities for students at our PrimeTime Spring Informational, Wednesday February 27, 5:30 PM in room 308.
- PTSA Meeting from 5:00 – 6:00 in the PCR
- Minimum Day – Student Dismissal at 1:27 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day Dance organized by Montgomery’s ASB from 3:20 – 5:00. Entrance fee $2.00, most food items will be sold for $1.00 and Dipping Dots for $3.00
Friday 2/15 – No School (President’s Day)
Monday 2/18 – No School (President’s Day)
Make is an awesome week!