Dear Montgomery Families,
It was wonderful seeing our students share their learning with their parents this past Wednesday and Thursday at our Fall Student Led Conferences (SLCs). The staff at Montgomery believes student leadership develops through opportunity and high expectations. When students reflect on their experience in school, celebrate strengths, and identify areas for growth with adults who care about them, they take ownership of their learning and are more likely to stay on track. They are also more likely to care deeply about the quality of their work if they know they will be sharing it with their families.
Do you have feedback you were unable to share at your child’s SLC? If so, please send me an email and let me know what you enjoyed about the experience and/or what you think we can improve upon.
This past Saturday our PTSA hosted our 3rd Annual Fall Festival. It was wonderful seeing so many of our families volunteer their time and resources to support the success of this event. A special thank you to our President Sherrie Yee who worked countless hours behind the scenes to coordinate all of the moving parts. Your leadership is greatly appreciated!
- Student of the Month Luncheon
Wednesday 10/31 (Full Day – dismissal at 3:12 p.m.)
- Halloween – students are encouraged to wear their costumes to school. ASB will host a costume contest during lunch time. Costumes must confirm to Montgomery’s Dress Code. The following are not allowed to be worn or brought to school:
- No costumes are allowed that would completely hide the identity of the student, i.e. Hazmat suit, gorilla suit, "Scream" character. Face paint should not cover more than 50% of the face (we need to be able to easily identify if you are a student attending Montgomery).
- No face masks are permitted (they may not be worn OR carried).
- No weapons, toy weapons, or props replicating weapons (sorry no light sabers either!) are to be brought to school.
- Costumes may not be demeaning to any ethnic group, race, religion, nationality, disabilities, gender (boys as girls and vice versa), or individual (staff or student) at the school.
If you are not sure, don't wear it! Make sure your costumes are respectful and in good taste. Be kind! Keep it fun! Please be mindful of your actions.
Saturday school will be offered on November 3rd. Students may pick up a Saturday school form in the front office.
Have a fantastic week!