As we approach the end of the 2019-2020 school year, we have developed a plan of action for 2020-2021 Required Document Collection, Textbook/Technology Return, and PE Locker & Athletics Team Room access. We have developed this plan in accordance will all Public Health and District Safety Guidelines in mind.
The following dates/times have been established for these events:
- CURRENT Seniors – Thursday, June 4th: 8AM – 3PM
CURRENT Juniors – Friday, June 5th: 8AM – 3PM
CURRENT Sophomores – Monday, June 8th: 8AM – 3PM
CURRENT Freshmen – Tuesday, June 9th: 8AM – 3PM
INCOMING Freshmen & Make-Up Day – Wednesday, June 10th: 8AM – 3PM
Please note: Arrival time is designated by ALPHA, see chart below.
These events will take place in the large parking lot on the North side of campus. You will be entering the Mira Mesa High School large parking lot off of Marauder Way, at the driveway near the construction trailers. There will be staff members at the entrance and all throughout the parking lot directing you through the process.
Station 1 – Required Document Collection (does not apply to current seniors)
We have mailed home (via USPS) pre-populated forms for review/completion. If you haven’t already, you should be receiving the Enrollment Form and Acknowledgement Page in the mail. Please review these forms and make the necessary changes/updates/markings – including any/all required signatures.
If you do not receive them prior to your assigned day, you can access the documents on our website under the “20-21 Enrollment” tab.
In addition to these forms, you will need to bring a current (April or May) Proof of Residency, the Health Information Exchange Card, Parent/Guardian Communication Information Form and Senior Contract (incoming seniors only). All of these forms are available on our website under the 20-21 Enrollment Tab.
Station 2 – Textbook/Technology Return
TECHNOLOGY NOTE: If you plan on participating in Summer School or anticipate returning to MMHS (or any other SDUSD school) in the fall, please KEEP any computer/hot spot checked out to you for distance learning.
Please login to Destiny (https://destiny.sandi.net/) to view the items currently checked out under your ID Number to verify the items which need to be returned. All items (with the exception of technology) should be returned – Textbooks, novels, library books, calculators, etc.
Station 3 – PE Locker/Athletic Team Room Access (if applicable)
If you left any items in your PE Locker or in the Athletic Team Rooms, please plan on retrieving your items at this time.
Only students will be permitted access into these areas and all students accessing these areas will be required to wear face coverings and gloves.
Please bring a bag for item retrieval or easy carrying upon exit.
A plastic grocery bag/Ziploc bag is preferred.
Lockers not accessed by June 10th will have their locks cut and the remaining items will be donated to a local charity so as to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of these facilities.
- Everyone must remain in their cars as they go through the process.
- Staff Members/Volunteers will approach the vehicle (with face covering and gloves) to collect the appropriate items and take them to the designated station.
- Only the student(s) will get out of the vehicle at Station 3 to access the PE Lockers/Athletics Team Rooms. Students must follow the designated path of travel and adhere to the social distancing regulations during this process.
- Please plan to come during your scheduled time as we have planned the day purposefully in terms of the number of people on site at any given time. Do not come early to wait in line.
- If you are unable to come during your scheduled time, or need to keep an item to complete your final exams, please refer to the schedule for the “make-up” day on June 10th.
See you in the coming days!
SAVE THE DATE
TIME (Based on Last Name)
CURRENT 12th Grade - Seniors
Thursday, June 4th
A to C 8:00am - 9:00am
CURRENT 11th Grade - Juniors
Friday, June 5th
CURRENT 10th Grade - Sophomores
Monday, June 8th
CURRENT 9th Grade - Freshmen
Tuesday, June 9th
Make-Up Day &
Incoming 9th Graders
Wednesday, June 10th