Mira Mesa High School Home/School Compact
Mira Mesa High School and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (Participating children) agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve California’s high standards.
The Mira Mesa High School will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables participating children to meet California’s student academic achievement standards.
- Provide parents with reports on their child’s progress, three times in Semester I and two times in Semester II. A final report will be mailed home form SDUSD offices.
We, as parents, will support out child’s learning by:
- Monitoring attendance.
- Making sure that homework is completed.
- Participating s appropriate, in decisions relating to my student’s education.
- Promoting positive use of my student’s extracurricular time.
- Staying informed about my student’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my student or by mail and responding as appropriate.
- Serving to the extent possible, on advisory groups, such as the School Site Council, the District Advisory Council for Compensatory Education, The English Learner Advisory Committee or supporting as much as possible MMHS Foundation, Site Governance, PTO, and PBO groups.
We as students, will share the responsibilities to improve our academic achievement and achieve California’s high standards.
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need it; attend tutoring when needed.
- Give my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from my school every day.
- Arrive on time to each class.
- Be prepared with text and materials for each class.
- Be attentive in class and participate in all learning actives, and follow all instruction from my teacher, counselor, and administrators.