Mira Mesa High School and families of students enrolled at Mira Mesa High School agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve California’s high standards.
This Home/School Compact is in effect during school year 2018-2019.
The Mira Mesa High School will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables participating children to meet California’s student academic achievement standards as follows.
- Ongoing staff development.
- Hold an Open House so parents can meet with their child’s teachers and discuss the individual child’s achievements. Open House will be on in the first three weeks of school.
- Work to ensure a positive learning climate at the school with a consistent application of the site discipline plan and hold high expectations for student achievement.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress via progress reports, semester report cards and PowerSchool Parent Portal. Teachers will also contact families’ whose child is receiving a D or F in their class in 1st and 2nd semester.
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for students, parents and community members.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as follows: contacting their student’s teachers, counselor, or vice-principal.
- Demonstrate daily respect and practice open communication with my students.
We, as parents, will support our child’s learning by:
- Monitoring attendance.
- Making sure that homework is completed.
- Monitoring the amount of electronics my child uses.
- Volunteering in my child’s classroom.
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
- Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.
- Serving, to the extent possible, on advisory groups, such as the School Site Council (SSC), the District Advisory Council for Compensatory Education (DAC), the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC), or other school advisory groups.
We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve California’s high standards.
We agree to:
- Demonstrate daily respect and practice open communication with my teachers.
- Attend school daily, on time, ready to work and learn and complete all of my assignments to the best of my ability and get help when necessary.
- Respect the rights of others to learn and help to create a positive learning environment for everyone by following teachers’ instructions and not be disruptive in class.
- Spend time daily reading, studying and completing my homework.
- Abide by the school and district rules, regulations and discipline policies.