Ph: (858) 566-2262 x2206
Fax: (858) 549-9541
Nurse: Extension 2208
When your student is absent please provide a handwritten note the next morning to the attendance office with the following information:
Leaving During School Hours (Blue Slips):
Please provide a handwritten note on the day of the appointment to the attendance office with the following information:
We do not make classroom deliveries!
MMHS Attendance Regulations
Report Absences by Calling 858-566-2262 x 2206
It is the student's responsibility to clear absences in the Main Office with the attendance secretaries. Absences can be cleared as follows:
- Handwritten notes from parent/guardian can be dropped off at the Attendance Office before the school day begins once student returns to school.
- Parent/guardian can leave a message at Extension 2206 reporting the absence.
- After 72 hours, absences will no longer be cleared (even with notes) and will have to be made up in detention or Saturday School.
- Absences for serious illness will require a doctor's note clearing students to return to class.
- ConnectEd auto-dialer messages will go home each day reporting any absences.
- Attendance codes are explained in detail on the school website.
The following categories of absence will be applied:
- (I) Excused absence due to illness, medical, or dental appointment. This is the only category for which the student can make up missed work. All other absences require the student to obtain a contract independent study form from the Attendance Office.
- (E) Excused absence for personal reasons. Citizenship will not be penalized for these reasons. Teachers will provide an opportunity for the student to make up missed work.
- (U) Unexcused absence with the knowledge of parents but for reasons not approved by the district. The responsibility for the make-up of missed work, if granted by the teacher, rests entirely with the student.
- (Z) TRUANT is an absence not approved by the parents or the school. Teachers may require work to be made up but need not grant student requests for permission to make up work. Other penalties may be imposed for truancy and citizenship may be affected. *Absolutely no student is to be off campus without signing out of school at the Attendance Office via a blue slip form.
OBTAINING PERMISSION TO LEAVE CAMPUS:
EXCESSIVE ABSENCES DUE TO ILLNESS:
CHANGE OF INFORMATION:
If your last name, street address, telephone number, or parent/guardian changes at any time during the school year, please notify the attendance secretaries immediately.
STUDENT MESSAGES AND DELIVERIES: