2nd Grade Staff
- 503 Karen Harnish firstname.lastname@example.org
- 504 Mark Lucas email@example.com
- 505 Diane Trigg firstname.lastname@example.org - Website
- 601 Julie Gillespie email@example.com
Sudent Supplies (label with permanent marker)
- Back Pack
- Ear Buds
- Wireless Mouse
Donations to Classroom
- Baby Wipes
- Clorox Wipes for tables
- 1 gallon plastic bags
School and Home
- Live Homework Help is a free, live, one-to-one online tutoring service connecting students in San Diego Unified School District to qualified tutors from any Internet-enabled computer.. Information (Login)
Common Core State Standards
- Using phonics skills to read two-syllable words
- Answering who, what , where, when, why and how questions about fiction and non-fiction
- Writing opinion pieces that feature details and reasoning
- Determining the lessons or morals of stories
- Describe how characters respond to major events and challenges.
- Understand meaning and rhythm in a story, poem, or song.
- Describe overall structure of a story.
- Compare and contract two or more versions of the same story from different cultures.
- Distinguish long and short vowels.
- Understand common prefixes and suffixes.
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
- Write informative/explanatory texts introducing a topic, using facts and definitions, and providing a concluding statement or section.
- Write narratives in which the recount a well-elaborated event, or events, including details.
- Revise and edit writing.
- Participate in shared research and writing projects.
- Demonstrate command of standard English grammar and conventions when writing and speaking.
- Quickly adding sums of 20 or less
- Understanding and comparing three-digit numbers
- Adding and subtracting three-digit numbers
- Solving one-step and two-step addition and subtraction word problems
- Telling time
- Counting different money combinations
- Gain foundations for multiplication
- Understand place value and how it helps you add and subtract
- Measure and estimate lengths
- Know shapes and their attributes