District Home

Registration Information

Welcome to Marvin Elementary!!
Students who turn 5 on or before September 1, 2020 may enroll for Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Students who turn 5 between September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020 are eligible to enroll for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year.

How to Enroll:
All students, new to marvin, will need to complete enrollment forms (click here), sign them (electronic signature are accepted) and submit them by email to vcervantes@sandi.net and bfriend@sandi.net along with all supporting documents listed below. If your child has never attended a San Diego Unified School, you can complete an enrollment form online (please note that you will still need to complete and submit the other forms linked above, aside from the enrollment form).
Please email the following documents (MUST be in PDF format - no pictures):
  1. Immunization Records (shots)
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Proof of your residence (two) (utility bill, lease or mortgage statement - utility bills must be dated within the last 30 days and must be something physically tied to the residence, i.e. SDGE, Solar, Water, Internet and must be in the name of a parent/guardian listed on the enrollment form.)
  4. IEP copy (if applicable)
Is Marvin Elementary your "resident (neighborhood) school"? Click the School Finder link and enter your address. The School Finder website will tell you which elementary school is your neighborhood school. 
Click here for the School Finder website.
Families that live outside of Marvin's boundaries will need to complete a Choice application through Enrollment Options and wait for an acceptance letter from the district. We are not able to enroll students that live outside of our boundaries and have not been accepted through the Choice program.

Click here for the Neighborhood Schools and Enrollment Options district website

For more information about SAY SAN DIEGO after school care, a private program operated on site, please visit their website at: www.saysandiego.org or call (858)565-4148.

Please contact the school office at 619-583-1355 during regular business hours for any questions. Office hours during the school year are 7:30am-3pm Monday - Friday.

If you would like to view a map of the school's neighborhood boundaries please click here: Marvin Boundaries.
To view a map of the entire school district or other schools please click here: District/School Boundaries Map.

We look forward to welcoming you to Marvin Elementary!

*Proof of residence is utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage document, or military housing orders