Parent Resources & Attendance Policies
- SAY after school care (858)565-4148 takes place in bungalow 21. SAY is a private program and is a separate entity from the school/district. Please call them directly for information, the school office is not able to give you pricing or enrollment information.
- Parking Notification
- Online Lunch Application/credits
- Facts for Parents Handbook
- Universal form/ Parent Authorizations
- Change of address: Please contact office as soon as possible and send in proof of residence to make the change.
- Attendance Flyer
Student Attendance Policy
It is important that parents and students understand the following State and District guidelines. Be advised that parents must call the school office or send in a note to clear an absence. Any absence not verified by a parent/guardian within 5 days will be marked as unexcused.
Excused Absences: Absences or tardies are considered excused only for the following reasons:
- Illness such as vomiting, high fever or contagious disease
- Medical/dental appointments (time excused will only be for a reasonable time to attend appointment)
- Court appearances requiring student’s presence
- Attending the funeral of an immediate family member (parent, grandparent, sibling, or family member residing in the home)
- Religious Observance
Medical/Dental Appointments: Please try to schedule medical appointments on minimum days or before or after school hours to avoid lost instructional time.
Unexcused Absences: An unexcused absence or tardy is recorded for reasons other than those listed above. The following are examples of unexcused absences: going out of town, traffic, family celebrations.
Independent Study Contract: Students who will be absent for 5 days or more due to unavoidable reasons should request an Independent Study Contract from the attendance office 1 week prior to the absence. All assignments provided by the teacher must be completed by the date of return to school for class credit or the absences will be unexcused.
Excessive Absences/Truancy: Excessive absences due to illness may require a doctor’s note in order to be excused.
Truancies are defined as follows: Absences by a student from school without a valid excuse for three (3) full days in a school year, or tardies or absence without a valid excuse in excess of (30 ) minutes on each of three occasions in one school year. (Education Code Section 48260)
Truant students may be referred to the district’s School Attendance Review Board (SARB).