Discipline Policy: Guiding Principles
- We believe that the child must be viewed as a whole person whose knowledge, understanding, feelings and values are strongly influenced by school experiences.
- Consistency is the key in developing self-discipline, motivation and group management.
- Guidelines for the campus and classroom define appropriate behavior.
- Education is a continual process achieved through the cooperation and open communication between the student, parent, teacher and administration.
- Effective discipline is maintained by clarity of action, the guidance center and administrative support.
All San Diego students will graduate with the skills, motivation, curiosity and resilience to succeed in their choice of college and career in order to lead and participate in the society of tomorrow.
Is to provide: 1) a strong basic-skills instruction; 2) critical thinking development; 3) leadership opportunities; 4) successful integration experiences; 5) individual and group based counseling in order that each child will have the opportunity to wholly develop emotionally and socially as well as mentally and academically.
- Excellence in promoting powerful teaching and learning is evident school-wide.
- Instruction reflects best practices.
- Academic achievement expected for all students.
- Goals established allow all students to meet or exceed state standards.
- Equal access to rigorous academic programs for all students.
- To create a campus where all students feel safe, valued, and respected.
Our School Rules/Marshall Values
- Be Respectful.
- Be Responsible.
- Be Kind.
A multitude of behaviors indicate respectful, responsible and kind actions and adherence to the rules. These behaviors are defined, posted, and reviewed in the classroom, specific school area to which they apply and during assemblies.