Madison High School Pre-season Athletics
The fall sports season will soon begin at Madison High School. It is crucial that all athletes understand that the fall season sports begin before school opens for instruction. Practice times will change when teachers report back for their pre-school meetings in August. Coaches will do their best to inform parents of practice changes as they occur. NOTE: Athletic packets are now paperless in our district, however, we will still need a hard copy of the actual signed doctor’s physical which must scanned and uploaded to the Athletic Clearance website and returned in person to the athletic director prior to trying out or practicing with any sport. Visit Madison’s website under Athletics for specific information.
- Football conditioning begins 9:00 a.m. on Monday, June 18, grades 9-12, on the field
- We have a No Contact Period, July 1-15; Baseball is August 1-15, 2018
- Football practice begins onMonday, July 30, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- First Scrimmage is on August 10; first game is on August 17 for Freshman, JV and Varsity.
- Girls Volleyball: Begins on Wednesday, August 1, 8 a.m. (gym)
- Coed Cross Country: Begins Monday, August 6, 8 a.m. (tennis courts)
- Girls Field Hockey: Begins Monday, August 6, 8 a.m. (utility field)
- Girls Tennis: Begins on Monday, August 6, 2:30 p.m. (tennis courts)
Prior to beginning practice, students must do the following:
1)Complete the online athletic eligibility participation packet by following the link on the Madison’s website under Athletics/Overview.
2) Have a physical examination by a licensed physician, fill out the district form (downloadable from the athleticclearance.com website) and signed by the physician; upload and return this form to the Athletic Director. You must complete all of these steps to receive a sport clearance card before you can tryout for any sport.
3) Student athletes are encouraged to purchase an ASB card for $25 from the financial secretary during preregistration at the Warhawk Walk on August 16 and 17.
4)Student athletes also must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher in both academics and citizenship in order to participate.
(See final semester report card for 2017-18.)
Fall Sports Coach Contact
Football Coach Jackson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country Coach Chen – email@example.com
Girls Tennis Coach Ray – firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Volletyball Coach Salamanca – email@example.com
Football Players- It is crucial that you come to practice when we begin. Due to the length of the season, we have games before school begins, so if you have any questions please be sure to contact Coach Jackson. We also will begin our weight lifting program on June 18 starting at 12:30 p.m. If you plan on playing, it will be a great benefit for you to get into the gym and join us! July 1 through July 15 is a Mandatory No Contact Period for athletics. This is a great time to go on summer vacation! So, no lifting, practicing or getting together as a team during this time!! (Baseball no contact period is August 1-15, 2018.)