STEP 1: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO ENROLL WITH SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT (SDUSD)
- Your student is currently attending Madison's feeder middle school (iMiddle) and your residence is still within the Madison boundary (see Boundary Lookup)
- Your student is currently attending Innovation Middle School.
You do need to enroll if:
Your student is attending Madison high school for the first time, not articulating from a feeder school, or previously contacted from the 2019-20 VEEP/CHOICE list.
Your student is new to the district (they have recently moved into the San Diego Unified boundary or they were previously attending a private school, charter school or were home-schooled).
Your student was previously attending a district school, but has moved to a different area of the district.
STEP 2: HOW TO ENROLL at Madison High School
- Please call (858) 536-0336 ext. 3020 to make an enrollment appointment. NOTE: The office is closed for summer break from mid-July through mid-August. The office reopens on Thursday, August 8; counselors return on Wednesday, August 21 for students who need to select or change classes.
We will verify if your student is already within SDUSD and if you reside in our boundary.
If your student resides in our boundary, you will need to provide the necessary district enrollment documentation including: student’s most recent report card, proof of residency, and proof of current immunizations. For more specific information on which documents to bring in, please visit the SDUSD Enrollment Requirements page.
- If your student is from out of district or new to district, you will be directed to the SDUSD Enrollment Page to follow the steps to enroll, which include all of the steps above and a copy of the birth certificate.
- VEEP (Voluntary Enrollment Exchange Program) and Choice Programs (also applies to students enrolled at CPMA - Madison's magnet feeder school): If your student attends a SDUSD school that is out of the Madison cluster area, you should have completed an application to attend Madison through the Enrollment Options Office by the November 13, 2018 application deadline. Please visit the Neighborhood Schools and Enrollment Options for more information about this process.